About Bob Olmstead
"I got my professional start at age 23, when I landed my first sales job. Six years later I had worked my way up to becoming the National Sales Manager for the prestigious Spartan School of Aeronautics. By age 34, I had fast tracked into becoming the General Manager of Williams Marketing, an international ad agency specializing in luxury goods. And by age 36, I had started my own ad agency, adding a management consulting firm to the mix two years later and now Rogue Sage, a niche small business and executive development firm.
Yes, these early successes were wonderful, but they did not come without a price. I understand all too well what it is to be out of balance and thus hit a wall. I also know what it means to feel overwhelmed, frustrated and challenged by adversity. I lost both my parents in my late twenties. The events of 9-11 almost shut down my business and the Great Recession was anything but great. Life happens, sometimes wonderfully, sometimes painfully. We live and hopefully we learn. I think this real world, down-to-earth perspective is what my clients value the most. I "get it" on levels far deeper then just business as usual. My clients truly matter.
So I spread my energies out, devoting myself to growing the voice and impact of Rogue Sage, spending time working in the performing arts, volunteering my services and finding new ways to stretch myself. I’ve written and directed two short films, one of which toured internationally. I’ve even studied and performed ensemble improv shows for a few years now. This is the type of creative energy and passion I like to share with my clientele.
I don’t pretend to have all the answers because I don’t. Nor do I pretend to be perfect, because I’m not. But for over twenty years now, I’ve successfully helped organizations and leaders grab the bull by the horns and write their own stories of success, and I’d like to do the same for you."
With Kind Regards-
The Highlight Reel
• Restructured eleven companies from the ground-floor, up- to include six companies on the verge of bankruptcy, returning them to profitable and stable positions.
• Conducted (50+) comprehensive (six months or longer) leadership, organizational, brand and marketing assessments over the last fifteen years, covering a multitude of industries.
• Conducted hundreds of strategic planning retreats over the last fifteen years, rapidly getting to bottom lines while offering innovative growth strategies.
• Led (25+) multi-year, multi-staged visioning projects, which helped client firms to create and institutionalize governing credos from which to anchor and build their firms upon.
• Supervised and/or completed (125+) media buys, personally authoring (100+) advertising campaigns that produced well over (1,000) ads in radio, television, informercials, industrials, magazine, direct mail, newspaper and social media over the course of his career.
• Executive Mentor for approximately (75+) managers, (35+) of which were Chief Executives as of 2011.
•Accomplished public speaker and trainer in the area of small business, branding and leadership- having worked with groups from five to several thousand.